What We Can Use
As of March 31, 2014, MMSD will accept donated equipment with the following minimum configuration:
Computers (laptops or desktops)
- i5 or better processor
- 4.0 GB RAM
- Preferred but not required:
- Monitor: 17"+ flat panel
- Brand: Dell, HP or Lenovo/IBM
Chromebooks & Managment Licenses
- HP 14" Chromebook 14
- Celeron N2840 / 2.16 GHz
- Chrome OS
- 4 GB RAM
- 16 GB eMMC
- 14" 1366 x 768 (HD)
- HD Graphics
- Mfg Part#: T4M32UT#ABA
- Google Chrome OS Management Console License - academic.
- Mfg Part#: CROS-SW-DISEDU
- Laser printers (networked preferred)
- DLP or LCD data projectors (2400+ lumen)
- Document Cameras
- Student Response Devices
- Interactive Whiteboards (brand: Smart or Promethean)
Process To Donate
- Anyone wishing to donate equipment, or District staff receiving donations, should call the Technical Services Help Desk at 663-5853. Ask to speak with a Help Desk Supervisor about donating equipment. (Note: If you have a preferred school where you wish your donation to go, we will honor your request. Otherwise, we will deploy your donation where we believe it will benefit children the most.)
- Donated equipment should be handled per the Supervisor's instructions and be shipped to:
MMSD Central Receiving
4711 Pflaum Road
Madison WI 53718
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact a HelpLine Supervisor at 663-5853.
If accepted, donated equipment will be given a District property Asset Tag, delivered to the destination site and placed into service. Donors will receive letters of appreciation.
Our students will greatly appreciate your help!!