- The Helpline (608-663-5853) is the first line of contact for computer support!
- Another way to get technical assistance is by submitting a Work Order.
- If you need help, choose one of the following methods:
- if URGENT, call the HelpDesk: 3-5853
- if NOT URGENT, submit a Work Order. This link is also available on your Novell Window, from the icon: Computer Work Order
- Equipment you use belongs to the District. Do not install any software or hardware on your own. Submit a work order and have a Computer Technician do it.
- If you get a message that your computer has a virus, call the Helpline immediately.
- Do NOT try to fix software or hardware problems or change any configurations on your own.
- If your computer will not reboot, press and hold the Power button until the PC power light goes out. This can take 5-8 seconds.
- Refer requests for computer donations to Lynda Chen (663-5423). Specifications and information regarding donations.
- You will need to get parental consent when using a service that can transmit a student's voice image, such as Skype or Elluminate, on the Internet. Consent form
- Use of external (USB Hard Drives, USB Flash Drive, etc.) by students must be supervised by MMSD staff.
- Do not attempt to bypass the District’s Internet filtering system. Report those that do to your principal.
- Read and understand the Internet Use Policies for Students
- Read and understand the Internet Use Policies for Staff.
- Report any violations to your principal.
- Internet gaming websites are a common source of system-disabling spyware. Prior to use contact Mark Lea (Teaching and Learning) for information on a site’s educational suitability and how to integrate it into your instruction.
- Computers or printers cannot be added to rooms unless network access and electrical power is available. Check with your building’s Microcomputer Technician if you have questions.
- Do not move computers from rooms without consulting Technical Services. A Technician will move equipment and insure corresponding updates have been made to the District’s inventory.
- All software and hardware must be approved by Technical Services prior to purchase. Contact Lynda Chen (3-5423) for assistance.
- Do not routinely save to your C: drive since no data on local hard drives is backed up.
- Always save to your J: drive or S: drives. This insures data will be backed up.
- Our District computing network and all associated equipment is property of the Madison Metropolitan School District. No personal computing equipment or networking devices may be connected to this network.